Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with mesh visibility

hi everyone--
    i have a strange problem with the edge of my render mesh becoming faintly visible on the scene that i am currently trying to render. The mesh is heavy, but I know thatit is reasonably clean because I have rendered it in mental ray and maxwell.
    I don't have an image handy on this computer but the best way to describe it is that the mesh kind of looks dirty, ie faint black lines in some places. When you zoom into the dirty areas you can see a faint but noticable triangulation, as if the edges of the mesh were picking up shadow
    i have tried to refine the render mesh setting per other posts on the forum but it hasn't help so far....
    any help anyone can provide would be most appreciated
    thks

adam elstein

Re: problem with mesh visibility

That sounds kind of odd...it would really help if you could post an image of this. Not only of the rendering, but of the mesh as well. It may be some sort of antialiasing artifacts, a mesh continuity issue or something with irradiance map settings of some sort. Also, are your settings pretty standard or are the kind of specialized.
    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

ok i will post image soon
      in any case, the most "exotic" thing i have done to the settings is to push the gamma down to about 1 to simulate a night scene...do you think this could have something to do with it??
      thks
      adam

Comment

i think the gamma issue is the problem...at least it goes away when i kick gammma back up to default level
        adam

Comment

This sounds a lot like the mesh edges i have seen in both flamingo and vray for rhino. I work with architectural models, in millimeters, so my models are very big unit-wise. My trick to get rid of the mesh edges is to scale the model by 0.001 so i get one model unit per meter instead.

I also noticed that other rhino features, like the 'make 2d drawing' works way better and faster on a smaller model.

/L

Comment

Working...
          X