Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brick bump map

Hello:

I am new to the whole material thing and I'm trying to create a brick texture with bump. I have loaded the diffuse texture and the bump, in the material editor I can see that the texture has the bump, when I render I dont get a bump? I have maps enabled in global switches...

Re: Brick bump map

OK, I think I figured it out, I didn't have any lights on the scene...only GI...what is the effect on bumps and textures with just GI?

Comment

It has nothing to do with that. The multiplier of the bump map will need to be adjusted depending on the scene units, so if you don't see any affect in your render you may need to increase the multiplier on the bump map to see the affect.
      Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Ya, that's what I figured, but I turned the multiplier up to 5, 10 then 40 and saw no difference. When I added a direct light, with the multiplier on 1...the bump finally was visible

Comment

If you use the Irradiance Map, than bump looks smoother. Better effect you get per QMC GI. You can find an example here:
          http://www.asgvis.com/index.php?opti...d=30&Itemid=55

The ceramic tile example show the difference between IM and QMC usage. QMC GI and raytraced shadows of direct light sources help to get better visible bump effects. A very smooth GI light only is not good for bump effects.
          www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Working...
          X