VfR4 Gamma Correction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VfR4 Gamma Correction

Okay, I've upgraded to Rhino 4.0 (hurray!) and VfR4.
    The default settings in gamma correction are RBG and LDR unchecked. So if I was using LWF with 3.0, do I now want to check those boxes? And I assume the other defaults are good?

Thanks,
    Craig

Re: VfR4 Gamma Correction

And another question-
    Default gamma correction shows output at 1 and input at 2.2 grayed out, and the lock button locked. If you unlock and relock, it goes to 1, you can't have output 1 and input 2.2.
    So what should this all be for basic settings?

Thanks

Comment

Wouter (Flipside) asked a few questions here, so read through that and see if that answers your questions. As far as having the output at 1 and input at 2.2 just simply unlock them, although that would not gamma correct the output yet gamma correct the colors/textures would be corrected and therefore darker. If your doing that to use the srgb button after the render, the recommended workflow is to correct the output before the render, that way everything is linear (which is how vray needs it).

Personally I have correct rgb and ldr textures enabled with output gamma at 2.2 and input gamma at 2.6. The differences in gamma values is to get slightly more saturation on the inputed colors (the 2.6 gamma curve is only slightly different then the 2.2) which prevents them from looking a bit too faded or washed
      Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

If you relock it then it will be locked to the other value. So if you want them both to be different then you can't have them locked.
        Best regards,
        Joe Bacigalupa
        Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
        X