Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lights; Vray for Rhino 4.0

Hi all ,

i was wondering if anyone could help me with Vray lights for rhino ?
    Vray doesn't apply any of my lights and the only light source is the sun !
    i have noticed for 3Dmax you can choose either Vray lights or max lights you want to pick.
    and my rendering take for ever !!! if i render the same image in Flamingo it renders twice as fast.

cheers,

Re: lights; Vray for Rhino 4.0

All rhino lights are supported by vray, and are in fact interpreted as vray lights, so there is no separation between vray lights and rhino lights like Max.

What in fact is happening is that you are using the physical camera which allows adjust the exposure of the image via the camera settings. When using the physical camera elements such as lights or emissive materials require a much stronger intensity to be visible to the physical camera. So its not that your lights aren't applied, its just that the intensity is not strong enough.

Your rendering is taking forever because your using QMC for your primary bounce calculations. Although QMC is very accurate and produces great results, the render times are significantly longer than other methods of calculation in V-Ray. A faster means of calculation is using Irradiance Mapping for primary bounces. The default values should work well for you, but I would recommend changing the min/max rate to -3/-1.

Also please do not post in multiple forums. I have told Joe to remove your other post.
    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

thanks for the advise.
      the rendering is going better.
      i can not find Irradiance Map anywhere , is it the same as image sampler>adaptive QMC/subdivisions?

Comment

Irradiance Map is under Indirect Illumination. Enable it in the primary bounces and it will open its own rollout.
        Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Working...
        X