X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Material studio....

How function material studio? thanks

Re: Material studio....

The material studio works the same as our material editor basically. You can import vismats into it and work on them, or make new materials. The preview is Gjis' material tester scene that he made a few months ago. Our hope is that people will use the studio to create vismats and share them on our download page. There is functionality in there to "Pack" a material. This entails searching for all external dependencies ( bitmap textures ) and moving them all into a folder with the exported vismat and a png of the rendered material. You should have rendered the material with "Final" quality prior to packing the material for upload to our website.
    Best regards,
    Joe Bacigalupa
    Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Joe, I had no time to play with the aterial studio yet, but the "pack&go" feature sounds great. Could you integrate it to Rhino material editor too? Often I test a scene with different textures in different archives (directories) and at the end of the project I would like to pack a project textures to the project directory.
      www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Yes- I will be doing that. I also need to add vismat directories to our resource search path ( which I do in the Material Studio too ). That means if you have a jpg in the folder with the vismat it will be found, even if the absolute path referenced in the vismat is incorrect.
        Best regards,
        Joe Bacigalupa
        Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
        X