Texture path in materials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texture path in materials

I notized that the texture pathes in the material editor and also in Rhino are absolute.
    example: c:\xxx\blabla\project\metaerial\123.jpg

That way I lose all the pathes when I render on another machine and also the downloaded materials have all the original pathes for the textures.

Is there a way to use relative pathes in Vray/Rhino like //materials/123.jpg ?????
    please say there is...I got a project with close to 400 maps.

Re: Texture path in materials

I would like to know as well

Comment

Originally posted by jasmith
      I would like to know as well
      I figured by now that you can use relative pathes in rhino by editing the texture link by hand and make it realative to the file you save your model in.

But still...is this possible in Vray? maybe by editing the material file by hand?
      Please...this is vital for my work.

Comment

Right now VfR will find a texture if its within 3-5 (sorry, can't recall the exact number off the top of my head) directories deep off the model's 3dm file path. I need to also add it so it will use directories from where vismats are loaded, but at the moment that isn't hooked up. We've also kicked around the idea of adding some search paths to our global options, but I'm not sure if we're going to do that.
        Best regards,
        Joe Bacigalupa
        Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Helo guys,

Sorry to reopen that topic, but 13 years later that relative path / search path function does not exist yet....à

I need to fast relink more then 500 bitmaps....

Am I missing something ?

Regards,
          CC

Comment

Working...
          X