Mapping with diffrent surface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mapping with diffrent surface

How can I make a mapping with diffrent surface properties than the basic material. Maybe I want to map a logo (gray matte)on a mirror (refractive)material.

Peter

Re: Mapping with diffrent surface

you'll have to use a vray material in order to map logos and things. Once your "base" material is setup, then add a extra diffuse layer which will be your logo. Map the logo and the alpha map, then use Rhino's mapping tools too get it where you need it. There's a more detailed explanation in Micha's decal tutorial http://www.asgvis.com/index.php?opti...d=20&Itemid=55
    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Thank you for the quick answer. But the problem is, if I have
      a glossy surface, the glossyness lies over all, the material and the
      mapping. I need a hole in the reflection layer. It also works with
      a map in reflection glossyness. But with this map I can't control the reflection glossyness of the glossy areas of the surface. Can you understand me?

Comment

If you need a "hole" in the reflection layer, then you will need to take the alpha map of the logo and us that within the fresnel map. Once you get into the fresnel map, then next to the Fresnel Color is the option to place another map...that where it needs to go. If you aren't using fresnel for that particular material then you can simply map it directly under the reflection value. Keep in mind to uncheck tile, and also that after the map the reflection value will be taken from the color.

There is a bug with the reflection glossiness that it doesn't, for some reason, accept a map for glossiness. We have it fixed in an internal build, so sorry about that. If you have the map in the reflection layer, then you won't have to worry about glossiness over that area.
        Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
          X