MESH help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MESH help

Need a little help meshing my rhino models. When I try to 'mesh' i put a zero in all the fields except for the edge length one and I put maybe 0.1 or 0.2 (I think I read that this is a universal setting), well when I try to MESH (type mesh, enter) it seems like it will take years. I usually end up cancelling or the program freezes up. I read about going into the 'options' area and under mesh putting values in for the custom, but when does that take effect? Basically I think I need to know how to correctly mesh my models, so they don't look choppy. but render time needs to be somewhat efficient, I don't need billions of polygons. Anyone?

Re: MESH help

Yea, I'm not sure where you read that, but unless your model is very minimal that is really not a good way to mesh objects. The setting that you may have been told to set may have been Max distance from surface. I usually go from one of the presets and just change the max angle setting and that works pretty well for me.

As far as the render mesh settings (under options) that takes affect as soon as you leave the options dialog box (if your in a rendered or shaded view, then chances are there will be a little bit of mesh time). You don't actually have to make a mesh for each object unless of have some particular reason or need to do so.
    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

So can I ask you how you go about transitioning from model to render?

After I model, I select all the components and 'mesh' and then wait a little, then render. What other way is there that is better.

Comment

Rhino automatically meshes everything for you, so there is no need to go through and actually mesh any objects. There are the default render mesh settings (in the option box) that are set to jagged and faster. I try to leave it on that, and if your in Rhino4, any objects that need more polys can have a custom render mesh set through the object properties. The only reason to actually go through a separate meshing process is to save on memory for high poly scenes, and even when I do that, I just use the extractrendermesh command.
        Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Working...
        X