Runtime Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Runtime Error

I'm rendering a very large scene made up with some blocks. Vray will render one go just fine. The second attempt gives me a runtime error. Rhino closes and when I launch Rhino again, I can render.

Not sure if this is a bug or something on my end. Can anyone give me an idea of what might be wrong?

Regards,
    Bill

Re: Runtime Error

It might have to do with how the scene info is unloaded from memory for the render. It sounds like one of the errors that I used to get with some animations. I would suggest exploding those blocks and making sure there aren't any external references in the file (ie all that is loaded is geometry completely contained/defined within the file). I am not sure whether that will drastically affect anything, but data may be staying in memory because the geometry has to be retrieved/read from an external location. Even if that works I would send that scene to Joe ( joeb@asgvis.com ) because that seams like something that could have some deeper issues involved in it. Hope that helps
    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Yeah - it could be a memory leak of some sort. I might be able to track it down if you can provide me the scene. Which version of our plugin are you using?
      Best regards,
      Joe Bacigalupa
      Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.

Dalomar: I exploded the blocks as you suggested and things worked a lot better. I'm actually amazed at how well Vray handles large files. My model is huge - about 400mb. Vray renders a white model with no problem. Using irradiance and LC, time was just under 20 minutes.

Joe: Let me finish the project, and I will make the file available for download if you would like. However, since I've exploded my blocks, I don't have the error. Would you still like the model?

Regards,
        Bill

Comment

Working...
        X