Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animation Tutorial

Hello Damien and Joe,

The LC helps a lot to speed up the calculation of blury reflections. For example IM+QMC (read IM cache only) need double time than IM+LC (read caches) at my current project. Joe, could it be possible to get the flythrough function working or is it possible to implement a mode like the incremental mode of the IM?

Damien, could you add this info: Bongo support, that after a crash the animation start at the last calculated frame. It's a great feature that help me to render a 2min animation some years befor.

Ciao Micha
    www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Re: Animation Tutorial

I don't actually have bongo installed on my current machine (I'll grab a copy thats around the office), but the LC fly through should work with bongo (it is hooked up in sketchup so we've got the functionality). The only reason I didn't include that functionality in the tutorial is that there's no way to actually load all of the frames at the start of the render, which is what the LC fly through needs to do its calculations.

I'll go through, install bongo, and do a few tests. I'll check out the flythrough mode and a few other things and get back to you.
    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Well, I was completely wrong :-[ So after a little testing, I couldn't get the LC flythrough mode to work with vfr. In talking to Joe it comes down to how bongo handles the animation. Bongo does things on a frame by frame basis as opposed to a whole sequence of frames. Because of this the LC flythrough is essentially unaware of any of the frames other than the one its rendering at that point, which doesn't allow it to work as it should. As for other functionality of rendering animations with bongo, I will have to go through and figure out a few things. Most of my animation experience is through max, so I'll have to relearn a few of the things for bongo. We'll see about getting an update for the tutorial though.
      Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Maybe it's possible to work with the light cache like with the IM - incremential additional samples could be stored.
        www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

I think the best way is just for us to implement a "pre-pass" in which we store all the geometry/camera/light information from Bongo so we can then create a sequence and animation stuff will work properly. This same issue is why motion blur will not work in Rhino - since everything is individual frames there is no looking forward or backward in time. The incremental add, which I don't believe V-Ray supports for LC, would just be kind of a band aid that wouldn't fix all the problems with us rendering animations in Rhino.
          Best regards,
          Joe Bacigalupa
          Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
          X