Interior rendering scene setting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior rendering scene setting

Little question for you guys, I'm using Micha's interior rendering tutorial scene, the deadline is coming soon and 8 hours to render the scene is actualy toooooo long for me, is it possible to reduce the render time without loosing too much quality ? I'm actually thinking of post-processing my renders in photoshop (reduce noise, etc).

Somebody is having a cue ?
    Thanks for your fast answers

Re: Interior rendering scene setting

Well, the biggest thing for interior scenes is usually secondary bounces. If your using Micha's scene then chances are he's got Light Cache for Secondaries, which works great. I almost alway use LC, but I decrease the sample size from .02 (the default setting) to .005 or .0025 depending on the resolution of the final image. Also enabling Use for Direct Light and Use for Glossy Rays which will help speed up the calculation. Interiors are typically some of the more complicated renders to optimize because the are very scene specific. What may speed things up on my scene, may not necessarily be the best for yours. It would be much more helpful if you gave me some of the specifics on whats going on in your scene (ie What kind of materials (lots of reflection? glossy..non-glossy?) , how many lights, how much exterior illumination). That would help on giving some more specific advice on how to work with your scene.
    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

about 20 lights,
      1/2 scene is glossy material (floor, water wall, table, wood...)

I tried to change some of the setting you said, and it's decreasing my rendering time a bit, thanks.

an other question, I must render a fat carpet, shaggy carpet 1" carpet, the result for now is not realistic. I can't find any material or bump map. Somebody already rendered this kind of carpet ?

By the way, thanks to Dalomar and Micha for the rendering tutorial scene, it helped me a lot. Good training stuff.

Cheers !

Comment

... 20 lights and many glossy materials - I know this kind of scenes - horrible. It's hard to render fast and I suppose so only fast hardware helps.

Fat carpet - displacement could be one option, but the rendertime will increase.
        An other option could be the method that I discover some months befor - multilayer surface objects:

http://www.asgvis.com/index.php?opti...sg5326#msg5326
        www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Ohh yeah, nice carpet !
          thanks but the link is broken... may you give another link, for the scene ?

other question, rendering my scene darker decrease the rendering time, using the sRGB switch gives a correct result, how do I save the sRGB setting ? Even if I click on the button the image still in normal RGB.

Thanks all for you quick reply, it's my first interior rendering using vray for rhino, I really appreciate it.

I'm sure I'll bug you again with other questions (:

Comment

I tried the bump map and it'S working well.
            but do you have any bigger maps ?
            by the way, the link to the scene file is brocken (I think I'm repeating)

thanks again

O.

Comment

I have no bigger version of the map, sorry. Link is corrected now.
              www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Working...
              X