Light Blocked By Camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light Blocked By Camera

In reading over the manual, it said if I'm using a rectangular light, and I end up with a black square, I need to check to see if my light is not being blocked by the camera.

With my camera shown, using the physical camera in Vray, you can see my rectangular light (yellow) is clearly out of the camera's way. However, I still get the shadow. I move the light way up, and get the same results.

Looking over the bug list, I didn't see anything (unless I missed something) so for the tim being, I can only assume I'm doing something wrong but have no idea what.

Any help would be appreciated because this has me stumped.

Regards,
    Bill

Re: Light Blocked By Camera

Is "default light" checked in the options dialog? Or is there a sun in the scene? The quick fix would be to set the light to invisible.

Comment

The default light and hidden lights were both checked. I unchecked them, and my results are the same.

The cup model that goes along with the manual, renders properly. This is why I'm stumped.

My next step will be to cross reference the cup model with the model here to see if there is a setting I'm missing.

Thanks for the response.

Regards,
      Bill

Comment

After cross referencing some tutorial models, I was able to problem solve the issue. I no longer have a shadow.

Regards,
        Bill

Comment

Working...
        X