Tiling Textures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiling Textures

I can't seem to get my wood textures to tile. I'm doing a floor and using planar world XYZ and/or object xyz, clicking mirror, clicking tile- nothing seems to tile it. I had to tile it in PS and use that, but I shouldn't have too, right?

Re: Tiling Textures

Yea you shouldn't have to do that...I always use explict mapping channels then use mcNeel mapping tools to manipulate textures. Try that as well, but I'll see if I can reproduce it here
    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Is there a tiling feature in the McNeel mapping that I don't see?
      Much better in this case to have control at the material level, otherwise I have to adjust the mapping of many different surfaces.

Comment

Under Properties > Texture Mapping .... this seams to work for me, no tiling feature but I've never had an issue with things tiling using mcNeel's mapping features

Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Gorton
          I can't seem to get my wood textures to tile. I'm doing a floor and using planar world XYZ and/or object xyz, clicking mirror, clicking tile- nothing seems to tile it. I had to tile it in PS and use that, but I shouldn't have too, right?
          I haven't had any issues tiling with planar previously. I always use the planar uvw when I use a checker texture. But I'll put it on the list of things to check out.
          Best regards,
          Joe Bacigalupa
          Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
          X