Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shadow material

Hello everybody !

I' ve got a car in a background bitmap but without floor and I would like to put a shadow under the vehicle, have a material that just take the shadow but invisible in my rendering. How can I do that ???

Thanks you for answering !

Re: shadow material

Setup a VraySkp2SideMtl with two material - one full transparent and the other standard diffuse. Set the normals so, that the transparent side is "visible" and you get a shadow without visible object.
    www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

So I have to create two surfaces, one on the other, with two different material: one full transparent and one normal. But I don't know how to set the normals... :-[

can u explain it just a little bit more ?

Thanks a lot !!!!

Comment

Its just one surface...normals are basically the outward direction of a surface. To see which way a surface is pointing, simply type Dir in the command line and that should show little arrows on your surface indicating its direction. All the skp2sided material is going to do is assign a individual material to each side of the surface. You'll have to make each material, add a skp2sided material, then add the two materials to the front and back slots. After that, just make sure whichever material is transparent is facing towards the camera.
        Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

thank you ! I just need to know how add an sk2psided material please :-[ ?

Comment

Finally I have my skp2sided material !! I have create one basic material with diffuse in grey ans one other transparent material with diffuse in black and transparency in white and put them in my skp2sidedmtl with transparent one in front, after having verified that normals are ok. But I have no more shadows !! Please, got an idea ??

Comment

Hmm, I tested it yesterday with a sky environment and got a shadow. Try to exchange the front <-> back material. Also test a sun env - maybe it works with the sun only. :-\
              www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

I tried the same thing, also without results. The surface direction and materials etc. are correct, so anybody got an idea?

Comment

Working...
                X