some questions :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some questions :)

Many posts talk about blurring the HDRI when you have it as your lighting (skylight) and as your background.

Do you mean to actually physically blur he image in photoshop or some converter (as posted), or can you use the blur slot when you add the HDRI. If you can use the blur slot...what would be a sufficient setting?

Another question.

Is it possible o link the sun system to a normal directional light? The thing is when you put the sun down low it sees it as it would be getting dark, thus adding a yellowy "sunset " atmosphere to the image. It would be great to be able to ad the sun system to a standard directional light of which you can change the colour....is this possible? The intensity and shadows of the sun is good. But when you are rendering a product, it looks like a cheap digital photo of a product sht in the sun (this due to the colours that the sun system ads to the light depending on he time of the day)

can this be done?

Thanks

Justin

Re: some questions

Its much better that the image is blurred in photoshop. Technicaly it can be done through our UI, but it would actually cause the image to take longer to render.

As far as the sun thing, if you select your sun and turn on its control points you can add your own light from those. Just remember to turn the v-ray sun off and that the v-ray sun's intensity is some where around 385 so its much brighter than a typical directional light.
    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Hey Damien have you guys considered doing a post process DOF using the zbuffer and object alphas? I know accurender put some new stuff in their toolkit for flamingo 2.0 to it and it really was pretty impressive and very fast since it was a post process. Not that you don't already have enough on your plate lol.

Comment

We haven't really thought of a post process DOF (as far as I know). We have talked about some sort of post production type of environment that would be specific to v-ray images (you would have to render out to either a vrimg or another format and load that up). I've used the zdepth output to add DOF in combustion (this can be done in After Affects too I think), and it worked really well. Doing DOF in post is a ton faster, but I'm not sure what it would take to really support that. I would use DOF more if it weren't so slow, but with a few of the scripts I made (the aperture calculator and DOF clipping planes preview) as well as a few that micha has in his tool kit it takes much more of the guess work out of it. I guess one more thing on a growing pile
        Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

i would tell you to download the beta of Flamingo 2.0. Do a render and in their VFB is a drop down menu with some post effects. One of which is the new Post DOF. It works by keeping the zbuffer information from rhino "showzbuffer" or rhino 3 "testshowzbuffer" and using its heightfield to determine distance from the camera. It's really pretty slick when you think about it.

Some time ago i played with a software package that would let you do it if you already had the zbuffer image... let me see if i can find a link to that again..

Comment

Working...
          X