Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• default light that won't go away

Hey all,

I've been test driving the Vray+Rhino 4.0 combo for a bit now, and needless to say I am thoroughly impressed.

However, it seems that there is a default light that I cannot turn off to eliminate the sharp shadow. I have the 'default light' unchecked under Global switches and have no other visible light sources in the scene. I do get a desired nicely diffused, soft shadow cast when I have the 'show GI only' box checked but this disable all lights besides the GI. How do I disable the default light? I've tried to set up another light in a hope that this will turn off the default light with no success.

Thanks,

Re: default light that won't go away

Per default, the sun&sky system is set active at the environment options. Maybe, the sun is your problem light source.
    www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

how do I disable the sun? its currently set to Default.

Comment

Thanks Micha,

I figured it out.

with no light in the scene and default light turned off, is it natural to use 3000+ ISO to get any image at all?

Comment

yes...the ISO relates to the "film's" sensitivity to light, so higher values mean that it is more sensitive to light. The actual default scale for standard GI isn't photometric, so thats why you'd need to put the ISO up that high. For reference, the Sun system (which our default exposure settings are adjusted for) will create an illumination of around 380 with a standard camera or exposure disabled. To give you a reference standard GI illumination is around 1. Hope that helps.
          Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Working...
          X