X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Physical Camera rendering

Hi,
    I need to render an interior scene. I m using the physical Camera
    I think I ve figured out pretty much the settings for the camera but I need to know
    wich GI settings I need to use
    Usually I go with IR and Light cache but the results from conventionnal camera to physical are totally different
    In the physical camera I have a lot of blotchiness and noise
    Yet I set my noise to o.001
    Are there settings for physical camera that can help get good results ?

Thanks

Alexandre
    lexandre Galin
    <br />Industrial Designer

Re: Physical Camera rendering

Well there are a few things. First off, are you using the physical sun at all...are you going to? I ask because that is typically a really good way to have a basis for the right exposure (I understand that it can be quite arbitrary between the lights and the exposure settings sometimes). If you aren't then I would find a good GI setting that you are fine with, then tailor the exposure to the physical camera. I would also use the ISO to tailor much of the exposure, as I've found that this is an easier way to adjust things.

As far as the blotchiness goes, the physical camera shouldn't really add any sort of noise or anything. That may be more because of just being an interior scene. Also if you are using IR the you will want to check your Adaptive Amount because if it is set to 1, then it will produce HORRIBLE results. .95 is alright, but .9 is better. If that is the case, then set your noise back to .01 and you should be fine.
    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Thanks for your quick response Damien
      To answer your question I do use the physical sun
      I will try your recommendations and see what it gives
      Thanks again

Alex
      lexandre Galin

Comment

Here s the result I get with the physical camera

Shot at 2007-08-19
        lexandre Galin

Comment

Thats not a physical camera issue, but rather part of the physical sun... basically those splotchies are all caustic samples from the sun...just disable refractive GI caustics in the Indirect Illumination rollout and you should be fine. The only thing that you'll have to do if you do that is to make sure on any refractive material you enable Effect Shadows, which is a general recommended workflow anyway.
          Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Working...
          X