Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SR1 RC1 Parallel vs. Perspective

Hey gang,

Just a quick note. I was trying to bang out some renderings this morning and came across an interesting..."thing".

Tried to render our a project in right view with projection: parallel turned on. It forced the geometry into perspective when it did the output though. Am I missing a new check box or something?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!

~Krylon
    ~Krylon

Re: SR1 RC1 Parallel vs. Perspective

If you're using the physical camera it will always force things into perspective because parallel projections aren't physical

The standard camera will render them, but its very finnicky and doesn't do it more than it does.

The best solution I've come up with is a camera with a very long lens length (>500 mm) and just use that instead.
    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Ah! You know I think you had answered this awhile ago come to think of it. The reason I ask is I was able to do it several times before I had installed the SR. I wonder how I did it. Maybe it is there, just couldn't notice it because of how settle it was.

Thanks again!
      ~Krylon

Comment

I'm sure I have...this is a question that seams to pop up every now and again. I guess its an easy trick to forget (I do from time to time...takes me a few secs to get on the right page).

Anyway, it does work, but not very consistently, so maybe if the view is setup a certain way, then v-ray will be able to sort it out, but if its not, then it just defaults to perspective.
        Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Working...
        X