Overriding global GI/BG in Mat editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overriding global GI/BG in Mat editor

I'm trying to render some oranges and I wanted to make them brighter/have more environmental reflections than the rest of the scene so I mapped identical, but more multiplied versions of the environments onto the given material.

I've tried both the gamma override as well as the multiplier, but neither gives me brighter light or reflections. The global GI and BG maps work and operate well under different multiplier settings, but I can't seem to get material specific maps to operate. I'm sure its some checkbox somewhere (visopt attached)

Re: Overriding global GI/BG in Mat editor

If you need a brighter orange, why not use a brighter orange .. .. and higher reflection intensity?

But, the global maps should work. You need the material based conrols only, nothing global.

But something other is wrong - set gamma 2.2 at the global options, that should help to get much better reflections and colors. It's very important. At the moment you don't use the right gamma workflow - linear workflow is a good term for the forum search.

Best, take a look at the starterkits, so you could avoid some general mistakes like photon map (better LC), linear output (better Reinhard burn 0.8 ). Also sec engine multiplier 0.8 helps to get better contrast between GI shadows and lights.

Good luck.
    www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Working...
    X