Invisible plane with shadow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invisible plane with shadow

I must render my car into a background pictures.

But i must have the shadow on a plane that must be not visible.

In 3ds vray, there is a material called matte shadow.

With rhino vray? how i can do?

Thanks

Re: Invisible plane with shadow

Not yet. There was a work around using the shadow channel, but that's fairly involved and will only work in a few setups.
    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

so if i want render with a picture in background...how i can do now? a similar method?

Comment

there is one trick you could use, although it requires you to make a map. Make a quick render from the top and bring that into photoshop. Make a line around the shadowed area and fill this with white. Invert the selection and fill with black. Now blur the image and use that as an opacity map for your backdrop geometry.

Another thing you could do is set the backdrop geometry material alpha to 0 so that your rendering alpha channel only contains the object. Then you have a quick mask for photoshop to brush away unwanted detail and set the remaining part of the rendering to multiply. Also a bit of work, but is should get the job done.
        You can contact StudioGijs for 3D visualization and 3D modeling related services and on-site training.

Comment

Dink, look at my "render tool collection" thread and try the camera mapping tool. Also look at my gallery, so you will see examples of the usage. You must create a soft studio background, convert it to a mesh and than use the camera mapping tool.

PS: I hope, once a day Vray will direct support "camera mapping". The quality of render engine based frontal mapping could be better, because it is not dependent from the polycount of the mesh.
          www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Working...
          X