Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Material by this name aleady exists in the scene.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Material by this name aleady exists in the scene.

Hello...
    Any idea why, when I open a Rhino file with v-ray materials attached to any objects, I get the dialog box telling me a material by this name aleady exists in the scene. blah blah..OK or Apply all?
    The scene I'm starting from is the default screen, which doesn't have any materials in it, but shouldn't matter anyway since I'm OPENING a new scene, not IMPORTING.

Re: Material by this name aleady exists in the scene.

Nobody has this problem? God, everytime I open a file I have to close 10 f'ing dialog boxes before my scene opens.

I'm just opening a file! Damnit.

Comment

Well, no...I've seen what you're describing with importing (or copy/pasting), but not just opening the file. Maybe there's something odd about the way Rhino is choosing to open the file, or how the file itself is saved. That's my best guess. You can send me a small test scene that exhibits this behavior if you'd like.
      Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

You probably have the Default_VRay_Material assigned to some of the obj in the scene you are trying to open, so VRay see it a normal material.....

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I'll send you a file dalomar.

Comment

This was apparently due to the blocks that were being used within the file having the same material as one within the file and being reloaded every time the file was opened.
            Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Working...
            X