No announcement yet.

Help - Emitter mat not working right...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - Emitter mat not working right...

I'm having some trouble with an emitter material... I just wanted it to look like a fluorescent light, but when I render it looks like this:

???I'm a newbie at v-ray, so if you guys would explain what's going on... and give suggestion too, if possible... I'm studying design and this is my final project, so I really need help with this...

Thanks a lot!

Re: Help - Emitter mat not working right...

Well, there are a number of things that appear to be going on. First off, the scene is very dark, and the defaults are not set up very well for dark situations. To help this change the Adaptive Amount (in DMC Sampler) from 1 to .85.

The second thing, that is more related to what your actually asking about, is that it is not a good idea to completely illuminate your scene with emitters. A light emitting material is sampled much differently than an actual light, which can contribute to a number of artifacts in your scene. I guess in this scene you don't have too much of a choice, but if things don't smooth out, then you know whats causing it. Switching some to actual lights might be worth looking into if thats the case.

I guess the other part of it is that the materials that you have on those objects are too consistent to look very realistic. Keep in mind that when you make something very bright, its details are most likely going to be too bright to appear in the rendering. Therefore, you might try making some sort of map that you use as a transparency map for the emissive layer. This will have some variation that will make things look a little more realistic. HTH
    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Re: Help - Emitter mat not working right...

I see... I wanted to light the scene with the emitter because I was trying to show how the lighting would look outside... my project is a streetlight in which people can change the light (turn on/off, vary its colors), therefore creating a collaborative public space.

I'm not concerned in making VERY realistic renderings right now, just more like trying to show how it would look like in a dark place... any tips on that?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X