Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 little observations about the last SR

1)Can't find the affect reflections.

2)the multiplier in the IES is grayed out.

3)And why is the always a 2 in the name of each object,i.e. draw anything and the object type is named ex: 2 polysurfaces or 2 spotlights ...etc

Thanks,

Renee
    merlik.com

Re: 3 little observations about the last SR

2nd and 3d i confirm
    3. strange behaviour of renderer-exchange, select object and change render to rhino-render. After, name of object was change by removing or addition symbol "2"
    I'm sorry for my English

Comment

1) Affect reflections is only available on a rectangular light because its the only physical light source, and therefore will be the only light that will show up in reflections

2) We tried to get an IES multiplier working with no success. Not sure why it was grayed out instead of fully removed, but sorry for any confusion on that.

3) One of the things that was addressed was selecting lights along with geometry and still displaying the correct dialog. Although this was worked out there were a few other issues that we had to resolve from making those changes. The 2 thing is a by product of that. We'll have to take a second look at this for the next full version, but right now, that seams to be one of the only by products of the change.

Renee,
      is the name of the actual object changed? I haven't seen that here
      Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Thanks Damien for lighting my lantern

Sorry it is not the object name,but the object type,I should have explain myself better.

And I notice this morning the check box when assigning materials by layer cute and useful

Renee

Comment

yea the type number is known, and we'll figure out a way around that. We probably have to pick the brains of the McNeel team for this one.

Comment

Damien one other thing,does the VRAY installation change something in Rhino,because for exemple the split command does not work like it was.

Now when I want to split objects,I have to go one by one instead of being able to multiple select and then split.

Is there a way to reverse to the old method?

Thanks,

Renee
            merlik.com

Comment

Yea, I'm seeing it here, and it is in response to how we're trying to better display our light properties. At the moment I'd suggest to do the multiple select before the command begins, then you'll be fine. We're trying to find a work around for this at the moment so that our selection stuff won't affect the selection while running of a command. Keep me posted if there are any other commands that you see this happening with

Comment

Thanks,will do.
                Another thing probably related,if you use the move command to move objects,once the move is done some of the objects will stay selected,you have to click elsewhere with the left button to deselect.Lots of commands have the same behavior stretch,copy etc,the objects don't deselect.

In fact all the commands where you have to select something shows the same behavior.

Renee
                merlik.com

Comment

Originally posted by RVallieres
                  ... you have to click elsewhere with the left button to deselect.Lots of commands have the same behavior stretch,copy etc,the objects don't deselect.
                  ... ESC button can help for a quick workaround too.
                  www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Yes I know Micha,but for now vray changes the way Rhino work,and it is annoying.If every plugin,did that it would be a nightmare to work in Rhino.Let's hope another solution can be found.

Renee

Comment

I think we're going to take out the changes made to selection and rework this later on down the line. I apologize about this as I should have tested this more thoroughly before getting it out there. In my defense though, I tend to run all of my commands with things preselected, so it would have been a little hard for me to find it. I'll let you guys know when the new builds are up.

Comment

No need to apologize Damien,it does not cause major problems,it is just another way to use Rhino.
                        Thanks for taking this in consideration.

Renee

Comment

Renee, All,

An updated build of VfR is posted now that removes the selection stuff that we were doing. This should resolve any selection issue that you had in Rhino and have the properties window act as it did before. We'll take a closer look at this later on to see if we can get the properties window to act better than it currently does. You can download the build from the same place as before.

Comment

already did works perfect now thank You

Renee

Comment

Working...
                            X