Excessive Render Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excessive Render Time

Hi to all, I'am wondering why this render is taking 2.48 hours (640x480). The strange thing is: few days a go similar render took 27 min.
    (thick)

Look this only 27 min (thin plastic)

If you want I can upload my file.

Zooropa

Edit: Can I upload something to help? Just let me know

Re: Excessive Render Time

What settings did you use for each one? Mainly, what do you have as your Max Depth setting? The reason why I ask is because it looks as though the top image has more reflection/refraction bounces then the bottom one, and that's one of the easiest ways to extend your render times.

The other thing is, just looking at those two views, there are going to be much more complex refractions in the first one, then their will be in the second one. The second image things pretty much go through the top piece and the bottom piece and then hit the ground plane. In the first image you're looking at that bubble from an angle that's going to have it refract internally much more...not saying that its a few hour difference, but it would most likely cause some noticeable increase.
    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Also you could check for duplicated objects. Maybe you copy and paste one object, that can cause longer render times (and the upper part looks noisy now).
      www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

You have also a reflective groundplane in the first image, which should make the rendertime a litle bit longer.
        makebelievegraphics.com

Comment

Thank you for your replays, ok:

Dalomar: Max Depth: 10
          The one that took 2.45 hs has a polysurface as acrylic. The other one It's a surface.

Micha: You were right I had a duplicated polysurface.
          Kubbek: I have not a reflective groundplane, It's Standardt mat.

Thank you To all I will try re rendering againg.

Zooropa

Edith: Without the duplicated polysurface: 1.10 hr at 640 x 480. Less time, still a lot.

Edith2: With Micha's Starterkit Scenario 10 min aprox!

Comment

Working...
          X