DPI -Image qulity qustion please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DPI -Image qulity qustion please

how do i make a render with 300 DPI insted of 72 DPI, im using the OUTPUT ZISE usally but its only control the (lenght and width) size of the image
    please help

thanks alot
    Omer

My tip

If its needs to be a certain resolution, I just open the render in Photoshop and adjust. Its under image-->resize and takes just a few seconds.

Comment

Re: DPI -Image qulity qustion please

DPI is just a print setting really...what really matters is how many pixels you actually have, and that's what you're setting with the output size in V-Ray.

Quick Example...a 5 X 7 image...
      @ 72 dpi that leads to a 360px X 504px image
      @ 300 dpi that leads 3000px X 2100px image

You have to render at those specific sizes in order to be able to change the relative size in photoshop and have enough pixels for it.
      Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

size vs. resolution

Good elaboration, Damien. This question actually comes up regularly in my class, so there's another way to think about it that helps most people:

Image size is defined as the absolute number of pixels, like 800 x 600 or 1920 x 1080 pixels.
        Image resolution is defined as x pixels per y dimension, like 72 ppi / pixels per inch (screen) or 300 dpi / dots per inch (print)

The thing to remember is that you can change the resolution at any time, depending on your desired output. This is usually a concern only when you need to print -- as monitors can only display 72-96 ppi and are therefore not as demanding as print needs.

For example, lets say I rendered an image at 2000 x 1000 pixels.
        I can modify the image to be 20 inches x 10 inches at 100 dpi resolution, or
        I can modify the image to be 10 inches x 5 inches at 200 dpi resolution, or
        I can modify the image to be 5 inches x 2.5 inches at 400 dpi resolution

All of the above changes still contain 2000 x 1000 pixels of information. I've just squeezed or stretched the size of the pixels to hit whatever resolution I need, based on my desired output. Here are some common resolutions:

72 ppi : most common display screen monitors
        96 ppi : maximum display screen monitors
        150 dpi : a good minimal resolution for draft printing
        300 dpi : high quality resolution for printing
        600 dpi : maximum quality printing for publication quality (book or magazine)

Comment

Re: DPI -Image qulity qustion please

thanks a lot guys
          great explanations

Comment

Working...
          X