Scale + Tiling (seams)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scale + Tiling (seams)

Two doubts...maybe easy to figure out...I've spent some hours trying and no luck!

1)Here is base img I used to map material:

Here is screen img of mesh w/ UVW value 6:

Here is screen img of mesh w/ UVW value 10:

Here is rend img of mesh w/ UVW value 6:

Here is rend img of mesh w/ UVW value 10:

The difference seen on viewport is not traduced on rendered imgs.

2)
    Regardless of base image not being properly cropped to generate flawless pattern, which will be easy to fix, I can't seem to eliminate the gap btw each tiled image.

Please help if u can...and THANKS!

Re: Scale + Tiling (seams)

ok...forget about the 2nd question which was solved by adjusting base image cropping.

sorry, sorry!!

Comment

dont use repeat count ever. set them to "1". dont use surface projection type i allways use box type. change the mapping size instead repeat count.

Comment

Originally posted by blastered
        dont use repeat count ever. set them to "1". dont use surface projection type i allways use box type. change the mapping size instead repeat count.
        IMHO it depends on the situation. Surface projecting type is really Evil but I would use planar projection instead of box in this case. Plus I don't see any reason for not using repeat count.

Comment

I wouldn't say that surface projection is evil at all...in fact, at times it can be your best friend. Planar and Box mapping are probably the most useful of the mapping types that are supported. Cylindrical and spherical are helpful in very specialized situations, but if you're not dealing with one of those, then they are practically worthless.

In this case it would definitely be more worth while to just use planar mapping and shrink/size through manipulating the mapping widget. I think there are a few of Rhino's mapping settings that are a little bit buggy in terms of us retrieving them properly, and I think that UVW repeats are one of them. If you're sizing the mapping widget, then you shouldn't have to worry about that.
          Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Originally posted by dalomar
            I wouldn't say that surface projection is evil at all...in fact, at times it can be your best friend.
            Of course, sometimes it is better to choose the dark side : )

Comment

I do think there's a long road ahead. Mapping widget needs fix because it highly unpractical and slow to manipulate mapping by inserting values.

But thanks for help...

Comment

Working...
              X