Large resolution rendering with QMC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Large resolution rendering with QMC

Hi guys, i was wondering how to execute large resolution rendering method, with QMC + LC engines. Is there a way to do this, or somerthing similar?

Re: Large resolution rendering with QMC

Hi res renders with DMC aren't necessarily recommended. DMC is a per pixel GI algorithm, so render times with DMC don't scale with increases in render size nearly as well as IR. If you do want to use DMC, there there are a few things that you should keep in mind. First off, because there are more pixels, there is less of a need for accuracy between pixels and there's more of a tendency for pixels to fairly similar to their neighbors. Noise threshold controls how much variation between samples is allowed, so you can actually raise that a little higher and be fine. Doing that should help your render times. Secondly, I would scale back the antialiasing for some of the same reasons. Since there's more similarity from pixel to pixel and edges tend to be defined by more pixels, there really isn't as much of a need for extremely high quality antialiasing. In general, I reduce my AA max rate by 1/4 every time I double resolution. You could definitely cut this by half each time too if you're really looking for things to be as speedy as possible
    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Working...
    X