Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avoiding Graniness

Hey Guys,
    I've been trying to fix the settings of my render, specifically avoiding graininess, I have tried everything written in manuals and forums like:

1. Secondary Ray bias 0.0001
    2. Adaptive DMC Max Subdivisions= 50
    3. DMC sampler Adaptive ammount= 0.85
    4. Lights subdivisions = 32 regularly is 8 I read that to enhance interpolation and avoid graininess you can soar it to 32.

And since I'm using IM and Light Cache I shouldn't be worried about DMC because is not set as primary engine. The settings that I'm using are quite good 1200 for lightcache and for IM Hsph. SubDiv= 100 and samples=40

Please if anybody knows hot to improve it something that I haven't tested reply me Please!!!:P. I'm getting tired of roaming around on the same issue.

Re: Avoiding Graniness

Very important are the noise levels of the image sampler and DMC sampler (you can use the same value at both). I use:

* daily final rendering 0.015
    * preview 0.03 .. 0.02
    * low noise 0.01
    * extrem low noise 0.005

Are you sure you use IM+LC? The IM is a good help against noise. Also it helps to enable "store with irradiance map" at the rectangular light properties.
    www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Hi Micha,

Thanks for the replay I enhanced the noise to 0.005 and it worked! . I also enable store IM in the light properties.
      I was using 0.015 as you suggested and I was very concerned about using 0.005because fo the rendering time but it took almost the same. Now I think I should improve the reflections on the glass textures it looks funky, maybe is because of the illumination and the HDRI used for background and GI. I don't know what do you think?

Best Regards,

Mauricio

Comment

Try to round any edge or use use the Rhino smoothedge tool and use the extracted meshes for rendering. Round edges are very important for a realistic look.

Did you test the starterkit from the forum "tutorial ..." section?
        www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Working...
        X