Optimize Settings for Glass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optimize Settings for Glass

In this image, I have a glass shelf inside. You can barely see it. How would I optimize my settings or material for the glass to be more real?

Re: Optimize Settings for Glass

I'd start with a higher max depth...about 8 or 12....however, I don't think that it will make too much of a difference in this situation. Also, use Fog to color the glass. You don't necessarily need to color the glass so much that the main part of the glass has color, but you'll see it along the edges and that's important.
    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

The glass cube looks like a aquarium. Important: glass sheet sides must be joined. If single surfaces are needed, than it helps to convert the surfaces to meshes and join them. The normals must show outwards.
        www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Thanks Micha. For what I'm doing, I was able to achieve the best results for this object simply by turning off the refraction layer. Might not be photo-real, but for what I'm doing, it works.

Cheers,
          Bill

Comment

I use glass without refraction for arch viz often. If you use a diffuse layer, set the color black, than you can use the transparency color of the diffuse layer for a glass tint - special Micha trick.
            www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Thanks Micha - I'll try that out. In fact, what I'm working on is closely related to ArchViz so it might be a perfect trick for me.

Thanks again!
              Bill

Comment

Working...
              X