Large resolution again!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Large resolution again!!!!

Hi guys, i've prepared for Vray Render-Off with my office interior project. So ress of my renders is 2400x1200 accordingly requirements. I've rendered each render by two stages. Firstable i decrease the ress twice 1200x600, and vray calculates only IM+LC. IM settings are -3,0 HemSubdiv 200, and samples 30, engine is Voronoi weights/density based. LC are subdivs2000, samples 0.002 + adaptive+gloosy rays + pre filter 1000 for smooth results. Generally i've check - Don't render final image. Calculation phase IM+LC is about 2hours, after finish i've save the maps on a desktop. Second stage is a real render, then i've uncheck Don't render final image, load map files and increase ress to original 2400x1200. My image sampler is AdaptiveDMC for best results with lots of fine details, noise 0.008. The rendering phase is ready for about 1.5/2hours. Generally all stages takes about 4-5 hours. Results are perfect, clear without noise, details are perfectly visible Despite of that i want to ask, am i wrong somewhere? If yes, any ideas are welcomed

Re: Large resolution again!!!!

As far as the steps you seam like your doing those fine. Your settings look fine as well with the exception of two things. All of the advanced options in the IR settings are really best to leave at default values, so I'd change back from Least Squares w Voronoi to Least Squares Fit. The voronoi one is not terribly affective and according to the V-Ray documementation "the method is quite slow and its effectiveness is currently somewhat questionable." Put the advance options back to their defaults and don't worry about them.

With LC, don't use adaptive as it typically takes longer and isn't necessarily that effective. LC is not really an adaptive process, so it kind of fighting its nature a bit. Your prefilter value should not be that high. What using 1000 means is that for every sample V-Ray will take the closest thousand and average them out. By doing that its very smooth, but all detail is gone. This should be back near the default of 10 but with a smaller sample size you could go to as high as 25 or 30.

Note that in the case of both changing the voronoi thing and the prefilter these are post calculation processes. That means that they work after the initial IR or LC calcuations have been done during the actual rendering. This means to change these settings does not require recalculating your IR or LC solutions.
    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Working...
    X