Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• format export for photoshop

Hello
    what format should I export my vray render to have acces to all layers in photoshop..
    R,G,B and alpha layer?
    :-\

thanks

Re: format export for photoshop

Targas...the other formats that support alphas support it as an integrated channel, which means that its not really accessible, but its still there. Targas almost don't have an alpha really. What they do have is an extra channel that will show up in the channels in PS (almost like a saved selection) and you can load that to get your alpha. Personally I think this is the best solution, as integrated alphas are too "invasive" for me...if Targas had 32 bit capability (I believe they have 16 bit, but not 32), then they'd be my favorite format.
    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Interesting, I ignored TGA in the past but tested it now: extra alpha layer, but 10 times bigger file (344k vs. 3.6MB).
      It could be nice to get an image format with extra alpha layer and 16bit (would be enough for me). Couldn't PNG saved in 16Bit? An option for 16Bit PNG could be great. The image browser XnView show me the alpha channel (b&w) of a PNG, but there is no option to get access to the alpha channel only. But maybe the XnView developer could add it.

www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X