Flip The Normal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flip The Normal

I'm just working through the help files.
    This entry has me a bit puzzled. Can anyone explain it ?

of material properties :

Double-Sided:
    If This is true, V-Ray will flip the normal for back facing surfaces with this material.
    Otherwise the lighting on the outer side of the material will be calculated always.

also :

View Dependent:
    When this is on edge length determines the maximum length of a subtriangle edge in pixels. a value of one means that the longest edge will be about one pixel long when projected on screen. when off, edge length is the maximum subtriangle edge length in world units

Hi,

View dependent - it controls whether the Edge length value to be in used as world units or image pixels. Default value for this option is ON, in order to produce same quality displacement depending on the camera view.

Double sided - i made an example image to illustrate it (two planes and light):
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	847854

The right part of the screen is with this option Off.
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by tashko.zashev View Post
      Hi,

View dependent - it controls whether the Edge length value to be in used as world units or image pixels. Default value for this option is ON, in order to produce same quality displacement depending on the camera view.

Double sided - i made an example image to illustrate it (two planes and light):
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]14879[/ATTACH]

The right part of the screen is with this option Off.
      Thanks for your reply Tashko. I appreciate the screengrab too. I suspect it will take a few experiments before I fully understand, but the screenwhot is very helpful.
      Bill

Comment

Working...
      X