Lights and Selection Sets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lights and Selection Sets

Hey is there any way for VRay for Rhino to create and use selection sets with the different VRay lights. I would like for a light to just light up certain objects that I have in a set.

Also, when I use a sphere light, the preview of it in rendered mode is really basic. It just shoots down a hard circle of light that is not very close to what it will render out to.
    Let there B3D

Steven Houtzager
    Intuitionusa.com
    3D Renderings & Animations for Product Development and Retail Design - Atlanta, GA

Hi Stephen. As far as I know the best method for groups of lights would be to:
    1. Switch off the HIDDEN LIGHTS option in the Options menu
    2. Then place the groups of lights on different layers. Then you can enable the layer to show that particular lighting group.
    With the hidden lights option off then lights that are on layers which are not visible should not render.
    Michael VS

Comment

Hi Steven
      I'm not sure if I fully understand what you are trying to achieve. Can you refine a little more what you want to do?

Comment

It is something that many 3d programs have. I want to set up a light that will only shine on a selected object/s That light will not shine on anything else in the scene.
        Let there B3D

Steven Houtzager
        Intuitionusa.com
        3D Renderings & Animations for Product Development and Retail Design - Atlanta, GA

Comment

Ok, I understand now. In V-Ray that is called exclude. No, unfortunately we can not exclude an object from the lights yet.

Comment

Working...
          X