TexTiles Procedural Map Patterning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TexTiles Procedural Map Patterning

I was curious if there was any good information around on the TexTiles procedural map. I have noticed that by default, the pattern creates a running bond, where the row above is offset 1/2 way through the original row, and this repeats. I'm looking to change this patterning from 1/2 way though to 1/3 of the way through, so that instead of every 2nd column aligning, it'd be every 3rd row of a column would align.

I'm attaching tow images, one is what I have created and the second shows a quick overlay of where I'd like the joints to be ideally. I have scoured the internet to find nothing about this. Is it possible? If so which of the settings do I have to change in the TexTiles Map?

Thanks!

~Matt

Click image for larger version

Name:	TexTile Map.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	881649 Click image for larger version

Name:	TexTile Map_intent.jpg
Size:	193.9 KB
ID:	881650

Hi Matt,

Try something like this...

Name:	2015-05-14 10_08_31-V-Ray texture editor.png
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	856054
    Underway Contracts Ltd
    3D Visualisation, Design & Drafting
    www.underwaycontracts.com.au

Comment

I tried something similar to that earlier. This doesn't work as I intended...it offsets to the 1/3 position, but only works for 2 rows, not 3. See attached image.

Name:	fourm help-test.jpg
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	856056

Comment

It looks like you are almost there. What settings have you got now? Can you send the file and I will have a play.
        Underway Contracts Ltd
        3D Visualisation, Design & Drafting
        www.underwaycontracts.com.au

Comment

After a LOT of work and effort, I'm not sure what I want to do is possible with the way that the material is currently set up. I would still love some sort of documentation for the TexTile Map, so I know what the heck some of these settings do/change/affect.

Thanks!

Comment

Unfortunately, we don't have our own tile documentation. However, the V-Ray for Rhino tile it is pretty close to the 3ds Max tiles version. So, you can use the 3ds max documentation to learn a little bit more about it.
            http://help.autodesk.com/view/3DSMAX...C-0F136789E6D2

Comment

Working...
            X