X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freezing layers vs hiding objects

Hi,
    How does vray handle 'unseen objects'?
    It seems like whenever I Isolate a few objects by hiding the rest of the scene, it takes way longer to start rendering compared to turning off unwanted layers instead.
    It appears that hidden objects are still considered 'seen' by vray for what I can tell, but objects in layers that are off are ignored by the renderer and therefore it starts to render faster.
    What is actually happening ?
    I'm considering only the time that takes from hitting the render button to seeing some action in the frame buffer.
    I haven't actually timed the total rendering time itself. It seems like sometimes the rendering takes forever to start.
    By the way, I'm doing this with DR off because I know that sometimes it's faster to render in the main machine when doings tests and avoid the whole data transfer to the slaves.
    Thoughts?
    www.marinevisuals.com
    3D Visualization for the Marine Industry

Hi
    V-Ray spend that time reading the meshes prior to do the render. I haven't made any test, but I guess when you hide the object Rhino still sending the geometries meshes.
    We will see if we can bypass the hidden geometries in the future.

Comment

That would be very useful. Right now I wait more than two minutes to render a single isolated object in my scene ...
      Thanks Fernando
      www.marinevisuals.com
      3D Visualization for the Marine Industry

Comment

Working...
      X