Problems with displacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with displacement

I have to use a meterial with displacement to get the effect I'm after but I can't seem to find good settings.
    Some controls seems to have no effects and other have unknown range. There's no help topic to explain them and no tooltips either.
    I have the file ready to share, is there somebody at Chaos that can spend some time on this?

Thanks,

Did you have seen?
    http://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/V...t+Displacement
    www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Hi Micha, thanks for your reply.

There are some other parameters in the material definition that are not mentionned there.
      I found some info in the help for V-Ray for Max but it seems not all settings are working.

Comment

I don't use displacement often, but maybe one hint help you - I try set the rhino mesh so that the polygon count isn't to low for the displaced object. So I can keep the Vray displacement subdivs low as possible that should help to save RAM and render time. For the other parameters - I hope the chaosgroup team can help you.
        www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Hi
          Can you explain me a little bit more what kind of effect you are trying to achieve?

Comment

Can I send you the file?
            It will be a lot easier than trying to explain...

Comment

Sorry for the late respond. Yes, please, send me a file it will be way easier that way.

Comment

Hi Fernando,
                Can you share your email or a place I can upload to?

Comment

My email is: fernando.rentas@usa.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Working...
                  X