Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to force an update of materials from blocks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to force an update of materials from blocks?

Hi,

is there a trick to get the material from a block updated? The popup window that ask for overwrite materials doesn't popup, if I update the block. Also copy and paste doesn't help. I don't want to reopen the Rhino file and refresh the materials of all blocks of the scene.

Ciao,
    Micha
    www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Hey Micha,

Have you tried the visReapplyMaterialFromName command. I'm not exactly sure the exact purpose for the command but it might work for what you want ?

Are those internal blocks or inserted from an external file ?
    www.marinevisuals.com
    3D Visualization for the Marine Industry

Comment

Hi Palosanto,

it are external blocks.

The visReapplyMaterialFromName command is for fixing material connections. Some times materials was/are not right linked to the Vray material (if the Rhino material properties "Edit" button is greyed out).
      www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Comment

I've had some trouble a few times in the past with linked blocks updating properly the textures and still displaying the old ones. However, this is only on the viewport display but they render correctly. It is just the texture sometimes not updating in the viewport in rendered display mode even after the command _Refreshalltextures. I've emailed Chaos support and they are aware of the problem.
        But for what you describe your problem is different. You could always try re-installing vray ... not the best option, I know.
        www.marinevisuals.com
        3D Visualization for the Marine Industry

Comment

Its 5 years later & we still have the same issue. The best way I've found so far is to rename the material in the block, & when you update it, you'll have the new material & the old one in the material editor & you can just delete the old one.

Comment

Working...
          X