Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infinity plane reflecting dome light

Hi Everyone,

I'm having an issue with my dome light reflecting on my ground plane. I tried turning off the affect reflection on dome light but this makes the model look completely dull and dark. My aim is to have the plane merge with the background whilst being reflective.

I've also tried putting a background bitmap on the ground plane's material background map without result.

I'm having a hard time also with the actual model render as you can see. The flat surfaces are a pain especially since i cant fillet them but it has to be so from designer brief. So any advice on how this could be improved would also be much appreciated.

Regards,

Jean
    Attached Files

You could use the global environment slots in addition to the disabled dome light reflection.
    www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Hi Micha,

Thanks for the input. It's not really working that way. I think I'll give the dome light a pass on this on and hope for the best. I'm just baffled as to how this cannot be easily done.

Comment

You could place a surface in the background like you would do it in the real world. If you set it "only in secondary", than it will affect the ground plane reflection only.
        www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Working...
        X