Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stereo VR creation

Hi,

today I started to discover the stereo VR creation per VFR3 beta. The result looks promising, only I have overseen to choose the cupemap output since I want to try the service of vrto.me

Are there other good ways to create stereo VR?

Doe's someone know a way to create a stereo VR that can be send to a customer? It's a very new topic for me and I ask me, could it be possible to get something like a flash file created? Could it be possible that the final user click on an exe and a stereo VR is started?

An converter for spherical <-> cupmap could be still useful for easier image editing. Are there solutions available?

I don't bought a VR headset yet since I'm waiting for 4k glasses. The Pimax4k seems to be to slow yet.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

-Micha
    www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Crazy world - now I found an easy solution that full match my current need - the little free tool SView from Russia.

http://www.sview.ru/en/contribute/

So, it's not easier to step into the stereo pano world now -> render a spherical stereo pano -> open it in SView -> set input "parallel pair" and view stereo output parallel pair too. A simple device like this can be used to view the stereo pano.
    https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Arrow button on the UI allow to jump to the next image - a simple stereo pano slide show. That's I was looking for.

Here my first stereo pano from VfR3, rendered in 2 hours (32x3.1GHz). Only a simple scene, not finished yet.
    www.simulacrum.de/download/047.Denoiser.jpg

If someone own a VR device like Oculus or Vive or Pimax4k , please test SView and write here. Doe's it work too?

-Micha

Comment

What I do here for the moment is render a cubemap from V-Ray, save the file on a Samsung Galaxy something that we have and view in the Samsung Gear headset.
      It's very useful and it's already into our standard pipeline for design reviews of airplane interiors for the geometry and material application.
      You can do something very good with simple Google Cardboard, you can get some for about $15 and work with most smartphones. I used a web service to prepare the files for this: https://irisvr.com/scope

Comment

Sound like an easy solution.

SView is the software to do the same on a PC with different type of output - anaglyph glasses, mirror glasses ... VR glasses.

Comment

New version available. An option is added that keep the 360 pano mode if enabled. So, a directory with several stereo panos can be shown like in a slide show without to enable the pano mode for each new file.

Comment

Originally posted by Micha View Post
            If someone own a VR device like Oculus or Vive or Pimax4k , please test SView and write here. Doe's it work too?
            -Micha
            Opened the image with both Oculus Rift and Gear VR, works fine. Although avoid spherical mapping and go for cubemaps. The image is less deformed with that method.

Comment

Great, thank you for the feedback.

Comment

Working...
              X