Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish: save batch setup and naming option

Hi,

I used the batch several time the last days and I was surprised that the output path isn't saved to the Rhino file. Also it could be great if the last used setup is complete saved and the user doesn't need to choose "current file" and the wanted snapshot states. It's quite cumbersome that the output path needs to be selected again and again by clicking trough the whole path.

Also I miss an option to define the naming of the saved PNG. At the moment I need to render 80 dental implants and each implant hast a number. I would like to save the render output with the snapshot name only without additional Rhino file name. Useful could be if prefix and suffix could be defined. For example for my project I needed "part name" and "kind view" -> NEF3478-55 2D. It could be nice if the user could choose between snapshot name, file name,view name, counter (with custom digits) and custom string.
    The naming is quite important since the batch tool is useful to render mass data for catalogs and a good naming is essential.

Also I missed to define which output channels needs to be saved. So I got unneeded alpha, bump normals, RGB, effects - but I needed denoise only. I don't know why I got effects, since no lens effects was enabled. The bump normal output seams to be a bug. My output resolution was quite large and the unwanted output files needed time to save and time to remove from the HDD.

(Workaround for naming: the free Advanced Renamer allow to remove parts of the name and to add additional infos.)
    www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects
Working...
X