Wish: Make V-Ray for Grasshopper better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish: Make V-Ray for Grasshopper better

Here are some wishes for V-Ray for Grasshopper after using it extensively (>20hours) in the last few days:

1. Ability to reference V-Ray objects like lights so it can be used to render in GH

2. Baking of lights from Grasshopper

3. Programmatically export a .vrscene from GH (ie. without having to find the component and right-click on it)

4. Way more options, basically at least all the options you have in the Assett Editor

5. Depth of field in Grasshopper

6. Let us set the file path per frame without adding your own numbers at the end

7. Better control over what files are saved (that actually goes for normal V-Ray in Rhino as well. Where can I set what files I want saved, I want just one image not 4 (raw, effectsResult, Denoiser, etc.)

8. Respect the safe frame from Rhino. What's up with that?? I just can't get V-Ray for GH to render the same part of the viewport as V-Ray for Rhino if I render a square image. Even if I have the viewport in Rhino scaled to a square in GH it is like it is zoomed out a lot more. I just don't get that.

9. Interface with Vantage so I can dynamically send data to it from Grasshopper

In all it just kind of needs some love. It has some cool basic functionality, but since Grasshopper is a poweruser tool, I would expect V-Ray for GH to be more of a poweruser tool than V-Ray in Rhino, but at the moment V-Ray for GH is like a dumbed down version of V-Ray for Rhino.

Fingers crossed..
    Last edited by seltzdesign; 07-01-2021, 07:29 AM.

Just want to say I really love that you did V-Ray for Grasshopper at all, don't get me wrong and there are already a lot of cool things in there like the Render in Rhino component, that you can export camera animations to Rhino and so on.. I just see there is a lot of potential that can't be used yet.

Comment

And...
      10 more render element nodes (lightmix) , self illumination....etc 11 color correction node in materials.
      12 vray material wrapper.

Comment

Working...
      X