Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ies photometric preview

Hi,

As lighting designer I'm working on 90% of project using ies photometric files. Since the photometric file are not be only with "symmetric distribution" but can be asymmetric, wall washer, bidirectional, ect., I wondering if can be inplement in vray for rhino or in grasshopper the phtometric 3d distribution. This can help to better prepare the right luminaire (3d fixture + photometric) and reduce the time for aiming inside the scene.

The image attached show an example made by Climatestudio under grasshopper.

Thanks in advance.

I second that. Revit has this function as well. Would be great to see this functionality as native Vray IES Light feature.

Comment

Originally posted by oconv View Post
      I second that. Revit has this function as well. Would be great to see this functionality as native Vray IES Light feature.
      I think it could be very usefull for those using Ies files in their project. Anticipated photometric light emitting can reduce working time as well as the possible aiming issue.
      This would be an important added value.

Comment

oh yes! that would improve the workflow a lot. And as I see, more lighting designers work with v-ray who will benefit from that!

Comment

Working...
        X