Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grouping Materials

Hi all,

I'm sure everybody has scenes with countless materials. I know I do, especially since I create my own proxy models into my architectural projects. A way to group materials in the materials list would be very very helpful!

Thanks!

Little workaround - use special signs for groups of materials and use the filter option at the top. So, all other material can be set hidden.
    www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Thank you Micha for the workaround.
      I guess I'd like something similar to the layer panel in Rhino. Something that could be collapsed/extended. I do use prefixes to organize them in groups. But the system feels quite limited. No matter however much I try, keeping the materials list organized by way of proper naming/tagging them seems beyond me. And so, my files with huge aerial scenes are pathetically cluttered.
      As always, thanks for your tips!

Comment

Hi guys,

We have something like that in the making.
        We call the feature Tags and allow you to add materials to tags which are then displayed as groups in the outliner.
        Each tag can be collapsed or expanded.
        The tag view can be enabled or disabled if you prefer the old style UI.

Konstantin

Comment

Interesting. Certainly looking forward to give it a try. Anything, that reduces our mouse clicks and scrolling to get the job done is always welcome!

Comment

Working...
          X