own vray scene manager for rhino

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• own vray scene manager for rhino

Since the rhino snapshot command is not useable for production at all due its memory consume, i propose you to create your own vray scene manager. this can be quite simple and shoud at least contain the abilitiy to combine and store layer states, named views, sun positions and vray settings. after this scene states, should be available to the batch renderer.

Hi, oconv

I see your point, but how is your proposal different from the Rhino snapshots?

Comment

The Rhino snapshot stores also geometry information. If you have big scenes (large topography, trees, large Buildings, lots of clitter, etc.) the file size becomes huge, you wait minutes to store and restore the snapshots and most of time Rhino crashes at the end.
      That's why i would porpose a "light version" of a scene store tool, which ties named vies to sun positions and maybe layer states. so you could at least batch render mutiple views with different light conditions over night without user interaction for every picture.

Comment

Well, I'm not so sure whether Rhino stores geometry data. If you make a snapshot, and then delete some object, then make another snapshot and restore the first. You won't get your deleted objects back. That makes me think the geometry is missing. AFAIK the big-scene snapshots are slow to restore, but that shall be addressed by McNeel, shouldn't it ?

Comment

Working...
        X