Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish: basic object motion blur for still images

Hi,

it could be great to define some basic motion blur for objects like turning wheels or propellers. (I remember me Maxwell for Rhino provided it several years before.)

Maybe it's possible by selecting a curve (straight, circle, free formed). It would be very nice for still images. Today I need to render an airplane and I miss the turning propellers.

-Micha
    www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Could this feature get a chance now? Only a simple, basic solution please. Still images with motion blurred objects can be so nice and dynamic looking.

Come on, surprise us.

Comment

We can look into this, but it'll always be limited.
      Let's say we add linear and circular motions (still not trivial to do because of the workflow that we have to design), wouldn't you then want to be able to have a moving car with rotating tires?

Comment

Your question means that it would be a problem to connect rotational und linear motion at the same time since the wheels are doing both? Maybe motion blur could be enabled for blocks and so we could get a hierarchical motion. The car is a Rhino block with linear motion and the wheels are assigned with rotational motion inside the car block.

I looked for some infos how Maxwell did it, but can't find so much. Only this very old video. I'm not sure it was the latest plugin version.
        https://youtu.be/keHiFP0en5E?t=137

I asked at the Rhino render forum now and hope anyone can tell more how it was implemented.

Comment

Here some infos from the old Maxwell plugin where motion blur was available:
          https://discourse.mcneel.com/t/does-...3041/3?u=micha

Maybe it's an inspiration for the further development.

Comment

Working...
          X