Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not so clever interface

Hey guys

when you have a map assigned to a particular property, for instance the enviroment, you should gray out the multiplier which controls the enviroment colour. Does that make sense? Otherwise you end up changing the multiplier for the colour and wondering why it's no getting brighter/darker.

Also I don't like this like m and M thing, much better if you could assign a name to your map and then see that in the box instead of just a Capitol M. Saves you from having to click on a map everytime just to see what it is. Would be nice if one could stores maps for future projects,etc...

Wouter

Re: not so clever interface

Originally posted by wschreuders
    when you have a map assigned to a particular property, for instance the enviroment, you should gray out the multiplier which controls the enviroment colour. Does that make sense? Otherwise you end up changing the multiplier for the colour and wondering why it's no getting brighter/darker.
    Depending on the multiplier for your texture - changing that multiplier could affect the overall color. A texture multiplier of 0.5 would mean that the color and the texture would be evenly blended together. This is assuming your talking about a map on the diffuse layer for instance.

For GI maps I suppose you have a point since in that case the texture multiplier is used in the way you say.

Also I don't like this like m and M thing, much better if you could assign a name to your map and then see that in the box instead of just a Capitol M. Saves you from having to click on a map everytime just to see what it is. Would be nice if one could stores maps for future projects,etc...
    The M and m was meant to free up space in the UI. We are planning on facilitating a lot of those features in the future (texture naming / saving textures / drag n' drop / etc )

Also this post is not really a bug so I'm moving it to the Wishlist thread.
    Best regards,
    Joe Bacigalupa
    Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
    X