Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The disadvantage of the blend function

Hi,

in the past I have thought: I don't like the blend function, but I can use the texture multiplier like a standard intesity control, if I set the material color black befor.

But today I have following case: I like to place a texture as decal on a white surface. The decal control the filter color of the reflection layer. My problem: I want to dim the texture. But I can not do it, because if I change the filter color, than the filter color around the decal is changed too. I wish Vray would support a simple intensity option for textures, without the blend function stuff.

Ciao Micha
    www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

The disadvantage of the blend function

This has been discussed ad nauseum. Its well noted and need not be rehashed again. The simple fact of the matter is that this is how it works in the V-Ray plugins that are provided to us. It is how it will have to work for this major release. I'm moving this to the wishlist section.

I assure you that we will add new blend functions in the future including straight up multipliers.
    Best regards,
    Joe Bacigalupa
    Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

After talking with Corey for a few minutes we've decided to just change this now. Neither of us are very big fans of the blend behavior but were not sure about taking on this change this close to releasing. But we agree that the multiplier should do exactly what its says - multiply. Not blend between one color and a texture.

If any users want to use this blend behavior they can use our blend texture.
      Best regards,
      Joe Bacigalupa
      Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Joe, thanks. Sounds promising.

Sorry that I had rehashed it again. But it was the first case that I have not find easy solution around the blend function. I have start to adjust the map color per photoshop. Thats a horrible workflow. I have thought it is an interesting new info for you too, that the blend function can not be used to control a map in decal mode.
        www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Yeah - my initial reaction was just to ignore it as a topic rehash. But the seed of doubt had already been put in my brain and 10 minutes later I went over and talked to Corey about it. We both agreed that it was more trouble than it was worth if something as simple as your decal issue couldn't be handled in our material editor. Thats why I have 2 posts back to back that almost completely negate each other
          Best regards,
          Joe Bacigalupa
          Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
          X