new map type and gamma whish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new map type and gamma whish

It would be VERY nice if a falloff map type would be added. Right now if I want to make a transition from a glossy to a mirror-like reflection based on viewing angle, it is impossible to create.

secondly, it would be nice if the acolor has a gamma correction option too. This way you can just copy rgb values, without having to calculate them back to linear gamma in photoshop
    You can contact StudioGijs for 3D visualization and 3D modeling related services and on-site training.

Oh yes, sounds good.
    www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

There is a V-Ray ramp texture. We avoided it because the UI would be rather intensive and our time was limited. Its definately something we need to incorporate though.

[edit]
      Its been brought to my attention that the ramp is probably not what your looking for. We'll look into a falloff texture
      Best regards,
      Joe Bacigalupa
      Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Hey Gijs,

A workaround could be to set your second monitor to gamma 2.2 correction with your graphics card options, and place the mat editor on that second screen That's what I do to pick my colors hehe. But you can't use this monitor for anything else than for choosing colors...
        Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

Originally posted by flipside
          Hey Gijs,

A workaround could be to set your second monitor to gamma 2.2 correction with your graphics card options, and place the mat editor on that second screen That's what I do to pick my colors hehe. But you can't use this monitor for anything else than for choosing colors...
          Can you explain a little bit more the benefit of it ? gamma 2.2 correction are the RGB color that would be like their CMYK print version ?

Jp
          Freelance Industrial Designer - Rhino3d v4 - Vray for Rhino

Comment

Originally posted by flipside
            Hey Gijs,

hmm, which second monitor But even if I had one, I still think that a gamma correction is better, at least if it is gamma corrected after converting it to floating point. Right now, especially with darker materials, there is not much control. I think it is even a better workaround to always use gamma corrected bitmaps even for simple colors. This way you can just make a small patch in Photoshop using the exact display color.
            You can contact StudioGijs for 3D visualization and 3D modeling related services and on-site training.

Comment

Working...
            X