Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Architecural glass

Hallo Joe,

I know, I have done this wish befor, so this is a little reminder only. Please try to fix it for the next SR.

Today I have got a mesh model of a hotel with many windows. All windows are single planes only. Please make that the next SR allow again to set reflection IOR 1.5 and refraction IOR 1. Would be a great. At the moment the refraction IOR 1 of the refraction layer is dominant and determine the reflection IOR.

Regards
    Micha
    www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Architecural glass

reflection and refraction IORs are separate. I think you are thinking of refraction layer's overriding Fresnel refraction ior - which is a problem with how we use Volume Fog. Fresnel Reflection IOR is not overriden by refraction IOR
    Best regards,
    Joe Bacigalupa
    Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Architecural glass

Originally posted by joeb
      ...Fresnel Reflection IOR is not overriden by refraction IOR
      But if I set the IOR of the refraction layer 1, than I get a material without any reflection (fresnel at the reflection layer enable). What did you mean?

reflection fresnel 1.55/1.55 and refraction IOR 1 - where are the reflections?

Comment

Architecural glass

I'll look into it. I know refraction IOR of 1 causes a special case. I need to dig through the code to see what it does.

[Edit]
        I mistook the special case of when the fresnel ior is 1.0 for the TexFresnel it will just return the refract color. All of your concerns about Fresnel and IORs and all of that are already on my list of things to work on. I will get to them as soon as I can.
        Best regards,
        Joe Bacigalupa
        Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Architecural glass

no news from now ? micha how do you deal with it for now ? I will use your IOR settings
          Freelance Industrial Designer - Rhino3d v4 - Vray for Rhino

Comment

Architecural glass

You mean arch glass - please look at Tutorial M - Architecture glass material.

Comment

Architecural glass

Can't you just remove the refraction layer?
              You can contact StudioGijs for 3D visualization and 3D modeling related services and on-site training.

Comment

Architecural glass

Yes, this is possible. Interesting it is, if you like to get a colored glass, but it is possibel without refraction layer too.

Comment

Architecural glass

here a test. Don't mind the time, it's on a laptop. As for adding the color, that would be just a matter of changing the transparency color of the diffuse layer

You can contact StudioGijs for 3D visualization and 3D modeling related services and on-site training.

Comment

Working...
                  X