Unused buttons, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unused buttons, etc.

Is it correct that the color box to the right of the word "reflection" in the reflection pull-down of the material editor doesn't do anything when the "M" is capitalized (i.e. when a fresnel is being used, etc.)?
    If the answer is yes, that box should disappear or be x'ed out.
    In general, I think it would be helpful to disable anything when it's not being used. I don't want to tweak settings that don't affect anything! Once I've learned this, no big deal, but until then it's frustrating.

Craig

Unused buttons, etc.

Well its not always the case - for example when applying a decal as a diffuse map - the underlying diffuse color will show through where the map isn't there. It all depends on the mapping / texture settings whether that color will have an effect or not.
    Best regards,
    Joe Bacigalupa
    Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Unused buttons, etc.

We'll definitely keep that in mind. It is a problem that can be frustrating if you don't know. As for when you have decals mapped maybe ther can be some communitcation between the transparency map or something.
      Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Unused buttons, etc.

I would essentially need to render the map in scene to know for sure if it was ever going to use the color, or if it was always going to go to the map. Or do some kind of uv map analysis to determine if the uvs cover the full object. I suppose its possible, but I think this may be better explained by documentation explaining the cases where the color will be ignored.
        Best regards,
        Joe Bacigalupa
        Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
        X